Friday, September 16, 2011

Why would you recommend Smallville to someone who likes Superman?

I'm not a big Superman fan or fanatic but I know enough of this show to be upset at it. My friend is telling me that it's a great show. Though it falls short on what I'd consider a good superhero story - and much less one that is doing justice to the greatest iconic superheroes of all time.





I'm willing to listen to comments and remarks. Notes on how it's good with out providing good constructive critique will be dismissed. I'm honestly asking cause I don't find a redeeming quality about it.|||I wouldn't. I watched the first few seasons but gave up after 3 or 4. The lack of compliance with DC's established canon (such as it is) drove me up a wall, and I'm not even a big Superman fan. I was mostly watching for John Glover.|||it is really good im on season 5 now, it can be confusing if you don't know the superman story or have watched smallville from the beginning|||They have totally ignored most of the Superman mythology. I stopped watching it long ago|||I am a fan of the original Superman comics and tv shows. I started watching Smallville thinking it would have the same good vs. evil characters. Even though the show had good special effects, the characters and plot lines did not hold my interest enough to continue watching after the first few episodes. I believe it is more super hero soap opera than what I was expecting. For those seeking "sensitive" heroes and villians, I believe Smallville has what they want.|||I love Supernatural because I think the storylines are unique and Jensen Ackles brings comedy to the show. I'm not a big Superman fan either but I did like the show at first. I liked seeing the innocence of Clark when he was in high school. It got really weird after the Clark and his friends graduated high school. I stopped watching it after that because it was getting way too out there and many of the storylines didn't have anything to do with the original Superman storylines.





I'm always way more critical of TV shows or movies that are based on something else like comic books or other movies. I think most people are more critical about those types of stories because they except the new storylines to live up to the old stories lines. I think it really just depends on each individual person. Plus, the show has been on for so long now that the writers are just running out of things to write about.|||I Love It Its My Favorite Show. I Never Really Knew Anything About The Superman Mythology When I Started With The First Season I mean I Knew The Basics But Ive Learned So Much From The Show. They Do Change Things Around Here And There But For The Most Part Its All The Same....





Ive Downloaded Every Episode For Free On LimeWire You Should Try There And Give The Show A Shot!





I Recommend It Its My Favorite Show!!!!





Hope I Helped!|||I think its a good show, even though they have changed a few things, alot of things remain the same, like his powers(except flying, that probably won't come til the end), his feelings for Lois, and he usually saves people every episode, and its changed alot since the first season, they are making Clark like Lois more, and also are making him take responsibility and be the hero he really is. I know Smallvilles alot different than the original superman comics, but so was other superhero TV shows like Lois and Clark or The Flash. No matter what show it is, its going to be some different, so I recommend watching it and see if you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment